Review: EOS Circle Lens

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

I have been a contact lens user for close to 7 years. I wear them pretty much on a daily basis, except on those days where i am just rotting at home, doing basically nothing but just catching up with some youtube videos on my laptop. (talking about life hais hahaha)

There was a hype around EOS circle lens and they usually have very good reviews on them. So some time last year i decided to make my purchase and try them out myself since they are so highly talk about. 

///

I always love looking up for real life pictures online of the different designs of the lenses and how they look like when they are on. This can make sure that i don't end up paying for something that doesn't suit me or that i will rarely wear.

Also, how can anyone picture themselves wearing these right? It's way too abstract for a mortal like me to imagine how i will look like wearing them.


1. New Adult Brown
Diamater: 14.0mm
Water Content: 38%
Base Curve: 8.6mm
Life Span: 1 Year Disposal

1) The diameter for this pair of lens is the smallest (14.0mm) as compared to the other 3 pairs that i bought. They enlarge the size of my pupils yet they do not look too over the top (imo) due to the thinner black rim around the lens.

2) Both the colour and design of it are very pretty!! I especially love how the lens transition from an icy brown colour to black (pupils).

3) The colour is a cool toned light brown and it is fairly opaque and bright.

4) They give off a very mature and sultry look to the eyes.

I do really think that this is a very pretty pair and they are extremely comfortable even with extended hours of wear. However, I do not find myself gravitating towards this a ton since I find it a lil hard for me to pull them off on a day to day basis. However, I do think that they will look great for a night out since they make your eyes twinkle so much!

Some might not think that this brown new adult lens is all that bright, but I personally prefer a warmer shade of brown for my lenses.

Nonetheless, it is certainly one of the prettiest lenses that I've ever tried,  it is just a shame that I can't pull it off. 

2. Candy Pink 
Diameter: 14.5mm
Water Content: 38%
Base Curve: 8.8mm
Life Span: 1 Year Disposal

Candy Pink is one of the most popular lens among the EOS line. It is also the one that I am most excited to try since I have never tried a pink lens before. I read some reviews saying that they look especially good for those with darker eye color as the pink kind of turns into a pinkish brown, making your eyes appear very sweet and cute (somehow). I was immediately sold by the way they describe it haha.

1. It has a thinker outer rim (as you can see from the second pic) which gives a more dolly look to the eyes and it makes them appear bigger.

2. The colour is very opaque and bright and it is in a shade of a very pretty pink.

3. Good for cosplay.

4. Looks good in photo but a lil too over the top in real life (for me).

5. The colour transition very nicely from the pink to the colour of your pupils.

Even though the pink does tone down a teeny bit on my darker eye colour but they are still way too bright for my taste. I only manage to wear them out once and thereafter I hardly ever wear them since they are just way out of my comfort zone.

However, if you are someone that has been looking for a pair of nice (bright) pink lens this will be the one for you!

3. Super Nudy Brown
Diameter: 14.5mm
Water Content: 38%
Base Curve: 8.8mm
Life Span: 1 Year Disposal

This is the first pair that i ordered bcos i have been wanting to own a pair of nudy lens for a very long time. However, instead of buying the eos nudy lens i decided to go for its super nudy series as it has a darker outer rim. I wasn't completely sure if the nudy lens will suit me.

Even though i wear this pair the most out of the four that i own, but I am actually not that impressed with the way they look.

1. The colour of the lens does not blend/trasition very nicely to the pupils as you can see from the pics above (particular in pic 2).  I personally am not a fan of this bcos it gives a very harsh and unnatural look to the eyes.

2. They give off a slightly cool tone dark brown hue with dark outer rim when under indoor light/softer light, which i prefer more as compared to the way they look under (relatively) direct sun light as shown in the pic.

3. Suitable for everyday wear.

4. They will make your eyes look bigger but not as dolly/exaggerated as the Candy series.

4. Max Pure Green
Diameter: 14.5mm
Water Content: 38%
Base Curve: 8.8mm
Life Span: 1 Year Disposal

Surprisingly, this green pair is actually my fave pair of the bunch.

On the side note, I wanted to get the pink one from this series but i think it was out of stock when i made my order. They look damn good on hollyannaeree on youtube when she first reviewed it a long time ago. The way they look when they are on is very different from Candy pink too.

1. Although the diameter for this pair is 14.5mm which is the same as all the other pair that I bought (except for new adult brown), they do not make your eyes look as overly dolly/big bcos of its design.

2. The colour is beautiful. It is bright but yet subtle/soft at the same time and not too over the top. It transitions very nicely to the center of your eyes.

3. Even though it is green coloured lens but there's just something special about the design of the max pure series that makes this pair of lens very wearable, and doesn't clash with (majority of) the looks that you're going for . It is definitely something that you might want to consider trying it out if you are thinking about getting a pair of green or fun coloured lens.

4. It has a dark outer rim which helps to define our eyes.

\\

I hope you guys find this post helpful bcos i seriously put in a lot of effort and spend a lot of time to come out with this hehe


Have a great day ahead! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments